(This post is a guest contribution by Mr.Pritam Nagrale. Read more about him from the Author Bio below the post.)
Affiliate Marketing is a method to promote and sell the products of some vendor and making a commission out of it. Affiliate Marketing is open to all and everybody can work as an affiliate marketer online.
An Affiliate Marketer is a person who promotes the link of a particular product on different platforms like a website or social media.
If the Affiliate Marketer succeeds in converting a sale, he generates a commission out of it. Some programs pay a commission as high as 75%. In other words, one can make a commission of $75 on making a sale of $100.
To get started as an Affiliate Marketer, you need the following:
A niche is nothing but a group of people looking for products. It is homework category that consists of a number of products that can be sold online. For example, Electronics is a Niche which includes products like Mobile Phones, Computer Accessories, etc.
Online Marketing is a Niche, which consists of services like SEO, Social Media Marketing and Affiliate Marketing Training, etc. Thus, it gets very important to identify your Niche before you get ready to get going.
A Guide to identify your Niche:
- It can be something for which you have a passion. Like some people are passionate about travelling, dancing, reading, etc.
- It can be something that you love doing. From cooking something to dating the opposite sex. It can be anything.
- It can be something that you want to learn. Like, at one point of time I wanted to learn about Photography. It led me to read a lot about it, experience it myself and improving it too.
I chose photography as my niche, and I started promoting photography products and recommending photography courses. You know the best part was? I learned about photography, and I managed to make money out of it too.
Some Niche Categories:
- Food and Drink
- Health and Fitness
- Sports and Outdoors
- Kids and Family
- Consumer Goods
- Home and Garden
- Self Improvement
Find a product to Promote
Once you get done with selecting a niche for yourself, then your next move should be to select a product to promote. If you wish you make a stable income online, you should very wisely choose the products that you wish to promote.
Every Niche has millions of products that an Affiliate Marketer can promote. Let’s take some examples:
- Food and Drink: You can promote Food Recipe membership sites.
- Health and Fitness: You can sell health supplements.
- Sports and Outdoors: Selling Sports Equipment.
- Internet: Online Marketing Trainings can be sold.
- Self Improvement: Online Motivational Courses can be sold.
Start Building a website
A website would work as your virtual business centre where you would do all the promotions and marketing. Building a website takes no time and is very simple to set up.
You can get started with building a free website right away at the world’s best affiliate marketing community.
Create original Content after keyword research
One of the most important things that you should keep in mind while creating content for your website is that it should have completely original content. Google might smash your site hard if it finds any copied content on it.
If you want Google to rank your site well, you should create original content and draft your content after doing proper keyword research. Keyword research is nothing but finding the best possible keywords or your post. A good keyword should:
- Not be very competitive. ‘Best online marketing training for students’ is far less competitive than ‘Online Marketing Training’ if you want to get your site ranked on Google.
- Make sense. A good keyword should definitely make sense. It’s very usual to find keywords with very low competition, but making no sense. Getting your site ranked for such keywords would never help.
Build an Authority Website
You should have an authority website with good content which should cover a number of topics of your niche. Your website should have the best possible content available online for your niche.
By building an authority website, you show it to your readers that you can be trusted and you know what you’re talking about on the website.
If you just build a one-page website about any niche and wait for people to buy from you, then your expectations won’t be fulfilled. If you want to build a quality website online, make sure that:
- You keep adding new content on your website or simply updating the existing content to make it better.
- You cover a good number of topics in your domain. For Example, if your niche is SEO, then you shouldn’t forget to tell your users about directory submissions sites, article submission sites, pinging, off page SEO and more.
- Tell your readers about yourself. Your content should speak about your expertise in a particular niche.
Add an Affiliate Link to Your Website
You’d make money from affiliate marketing only if your readers would open the product links on your site and make a purchase. So, adding Affiliate Links on your site is very important.
It is even more important to add affiliate links to the right place. You should keep in mind the following while adding Affiliate Links on your site:
- Avoid posting the links directly. Prefer linking a couple of words to the affiliate link. Like: <Click Here>
- You must cloak your affiliate links. You can find a number of plugins to cloak your affiliate links.
- Use custom images and link them to your affiliate products. These images can be inserted on your website header or sidebar using WordPress Widgets.
- Link to a product only after talking about it in your post.
- The addition of an affiliate link after a post should make sense to the user. There’s going to be no point adding a link to a cooking membership program after discussing about a sport or game. I know this sounds too hypothetical, but people do it. If you don’t, cheers!
Get Traffic to Your Website
If you want to generate money online, you need to make sales. And if you want to make sales, you want people to come to your site and buy something from it. So, getting traffic on your site is undoubtedly very important. Concentrated traffic is always preferred over normal traffic.
It’s better to have a traffic of 100 people every day who love to cook, over 500 people who aren’t even interested in knowing about it. You can get traffic to your website using the following:
- Search Engine Optimisation: By optimising your website for search engines for a particular keyword.
- Social Media Marketing: By getting traffic from Social Media platforms like Facebook, Twitter, Google Plus, etc.
- Social Bookmarking: Social Bookmarking websites like Reddit and StumbleUpon can being your hell loads of traffic too.
- Search Engine Marketing: You can get paid traffic by posting ads on different search engines in their results.
- Direct Advertisements: You can give direct advertisements on different websites where you’d pay the vendors per click.
Analyze Traffic and Improve Your Site
You should always analyse the sources of the traffic that you get. You should focus on the sources which get you most of your traffic and make it reach perfection.
Work on your website believing that “feedback is the breakfast of champions”. Keep asking your readers to give you genuine feedback so that you can make your site better and more users friendly. After all, a better website and content would give us a better bank balance too.
Make Affiliate Commission
So finally! You’re all set to get going. You’re through with all the stages of affiliate marketing, and you’re eligible to make an income online.
Yes, you’re going to do really well in it. Keep checking and tracking your daily earnings to make your income grow to a different level.
What is an Affiliate Program
An Affiliate Program is an affiliate product program offered by some vendor to the affiliate marketers. In other words, an affiliate program consists of a merchant who has a product to offer, an affiliate marketer who promotes the product and a customer who buys the product.
There are thousands of Affiliate Programs available online. If there are some good ones, there are some bad ones too.
An Affiliate Program simply provides you with the right to sell some products or services online and make a commission by selling those products. You should keep the following in mind before choosing an Affiliate Program to promote:
- The Affiliate Program should offer a high commission percentage.
- It should provide monthly commissions.
- The products or services should be well tested and should have a good reputation on the internet.
I’ve personally tried a number of Affiliate Programs myself. I’ve worked as an affiliate marketer for a leading E-Commerce site which paid a very less commission and didn’t convert much.
After struggling to make an income online from sales of small physical products that are usually found on E-commerce sites, I got to know about superb Affiliate Programs that paid a very good commission. The best part was, the program offered services that were completely value for money, I used and tested them myself too. I’ll talk about it later at the end of this post.
Best Way To Make Money Online
Affiliate Marketing is the best way to make an income online because of the following reasons:
- You don’t need your own product to sell.
- You can make a commission as high as 75% or even more in some cases.
- You don’t have to worry about the delivery of products or services.
- It is easy to learn and implement.
- High-Class trainings are available online to learn Affiliate Marketing, which is very effective and efficient.
- Your website works on auto-pilot. You can make a sale even while sleeping.
How to Start?
First of all, I’d like to congratulate you for reaching this stage of the post. Assuming that you’re through with the basics of Affiliate Marketing, the next question is: “How can you get started? “
In order to get started, you need a website, a good affiliate marketing training and a good affiliate program. A good Affiliate Marketing Training would provide you with the following:
- Website building
- Traffic Generation
- Search Engine Optimisation
- Social Media Marketing
- Pay per click marketing
- Email Marketing
- Keyword Research
- Video Marketing
- Website Monetization
- Choosing your niche
- And a lot more.
I’ve already done my homework by researching and trying a number of affiliate marketing trainings. I’ve wasted my money in a number of them too.
One fine day, I came across a very different Affiliate Marketing training program which provided me with everything that I wanted. Be it the things that I mentioned above or be it a good affiliate marketing program with a good recurring commission, I’ll be very honest with you. It’s not very easy to make money online. It may take more patience and longer time than you expect. It can be very very simple if you get the right kind of training and a good program to promote.
I’m already involved with a suitable community which provides all the things that we discussed in this post. Why don’t you check it out yourself?
Image Courtesy: Pixabay
This post is contributed by Mr. Pritam Nagrale, a famous Indian blogger. He expresses his opinions through his blog MoneyConnexion. He enjoys sharing his knowledge with others. He and his blog have a lot of followers and we hope you will like this post.